In all great social change, it takes an overwhelming number of citizens to take action. This past weekend, President Barack Obama bequeathed amnesty for countless millions of illegal aliens. He set up a dynamic whereby the law no longer applies. It’s a violation of the Constitution.
What can you do about it?
Roy Beck, director of http://www.NumbersUSA.org, offers all American citizens the ability to make an impact by their pre-written letters and phone calls that are coordinated. You can become a member for free and join over 1.1 million Americans that are taking action to stop mass immigration.
“House Judiciary Chairman Lamar Smith has offered legislation that would prevent the Obama Administration from offering amnesty to millions of illegal aliens through deferred action or parole,” said Beck. “The notion of an administrative amnesty first surfaced through leaked internal memos last year, but a new blog from the White House has confirmed the new Obama Administration policy.”
Chairman Smith’s HALT (Hinder the Administration’s Legalization Temptation) Act (H.R.2497) would prevent the Obama Administration from:
1. granting parole (except in narrow circumstances),
2. issuing deferred action (except in narrow circumstances),
3. issuing extended voluntary departure to removable aliens,
4. granting work authorization to aliens on a discretionary basis,
5. granting TPS to any new groups of aliens,
6. waiving the three and 10 year bars to admittance for aliens who have been illegally present in the U.S., and
7. granting cancellation of removal to illegal immigrants.
“The new DHS policy allows for “prosecutorial discretion” such as by granting deferred action, “deciding whom to stop, question, or arrest”, deciding “whom to detain”, and “dismissing” a removal proceeding,” said Beck. “The memo made clear that potentially millions of deportable illegal and criminal immigrants would be potentially eligible for administrative amnesty.”
“When weighing whether an exercise of prosecutorial discretion may be warranted for a given alien, ICE officers, agents and attorneys should consider all relevant factors”, such as:
* ICE’s “immigration enforcement priorities.” (ICE has expressed little interest in deporting illegal immigrants who have not yet been convicted of “serious” crimes.)
* The person’s “pursuit of education in the United States”. (The Migration Policy Institute estimates that more than two million illegal immigrants would be eligible for the DREAM Act amnesty).
* “Whether the person has a U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse, child or parent. . . . “Whether the person or the person’s spouse is pregnant . . . .” (The Pew Hispanic Center estimates that illegal immigrants have 4.5 million U.S.-born and thus U.S. citizen children.)
* The person’s length of presence in the U.S. (The Pew Hispanic Center has estimated that millions of illegal immigrants have been in the U.S. since the 1990s.)
“While the Administration can’t grant citizenship through its executive authority, it can shield illegal aliens from being deported and issue temporary work authorization to illegal aliens who receive the administrative amnesty,” said Beck. “Please send a fax to your U.S. Representative and urge him/her to cosponsor the HALT Act.”
You may contact Roy Beck at http://www.NumbersUSA.org
Listen to Frosty Wooldridge on Wednesdays as he interviews top national leaders on his radio show “Connecting the Dots’’ at 6:00 PM Mountain Time. Adjust tuning in to your time zone.
© 2011 Frosty Wooldridge - All Rights Reserved